1.Search forums for FAQ 2. Full backup of Windows XP

toofy 21:50 PM 30 Jan 12
  1. Am unable to locate anywhere to click 'Search' or similar on the forums page. Where on the page should it be?

2. I want to do a full backup. A previous advice was to go to Control, Performance & Management and chose Backup/full backup. I cannot find any reference which gives the option to choose Backup/full backup. The response also mentioned Windows XP Backup & Restore wizard: again I cannot locate it. Help will be appreciated. Thanks.

birdface 22:15 PM 30 Jan 12

Just above this thread on the right and on the left.

muddypaws 22:15 PM 30 Jan 12
  1. Should be a pale grey box top right of the page in the yellow area. Not very obvious I must say.

2. Will leave to others to answer.

muddypaws 22:17 PM 30 Jan 12

buteman Crossed there. Apologies.

birdface 22:19 PM 30 Jan 12

Not sure if it is something like this you are looking for.

birdface 22:22 PM 30 Jan 12

This may be a better version of it.

There was a recent update and not sure if that is the latest or not.

Sea Urchin 22:55 PM 30 Jan 12

Windows XP Backup and/or Restore Wizard can be found by going to Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Backup.

toofy 11:23 AM 31 Jan 12

Re 1: Thanks. Now know to click on the word search which then disappears!

Re 2: Sea Urchin: thanks but my Windows XP gives the following options when I click System Tools: Character Map;Disk cleanup;Disk Fragmntr;Files Settngs Wizd;Scheduled Tasks;System Info;System Restore.
I did not find Backup. Thought you might like to know so you can research if you want to. I have decided to copy stuff on to a memory disk and accept that the PC has won on this occasion. I'm too stressed!

Thank you for everyone who responded, I appreciate the fact that you are willing to try to help seniors & others who get puzzled frequently!

Sea Urchin 11:45 AM 31 Jan 12

Hi toofy - I guess you have XP Home edition which doesn't include the Backup facility by default. However you can install it from the disk as follows:

Microsoft backup

If you don't have the disk you can download and install the backup program from here - download the file to your desktop, then double-click it to install.

Download and install

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know