//some 3rd party need geo

1mb broadband

gingerfox 21:28 30 Mar 04

does any body out there use aol broadband do you or did you experience loss of connection if so how did you sort it out

OU812 22:13 30 Mar 04

I've recently upgraded (last 2 weeks) to AOL Broadband and have for the most part been very happy with it (particlarly downloading at 50-60Kbps)and its fair to say its tranformed the way I use the internet.

However there have been problems caused by my firewall (Norton Internet Security 2003) and the way it interacts with the AOL software.

Basically if I try to launch AOL radio (which is excellent) or film trailers and the like the system stalls and only ctl-alt-dlt gets me out of the programe and even then when I go to shut dowm the PC it hangs.

The cause if this is having Norton ad blocking enabled when you try to intitialise any of the above and so long as you turn if off before launching -for instance-AOL radio everthing is OK and you can then turn it on again and likewise all is well.

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:18 31 Mar 04

At home I use 512 Bb and a company that I do a lot of consultancy work for uses 1Mb BB, which I tend to hammer shamelessly........have to say that for general surfing there is litle difference, for radio feeds (CD quality) there is little difference, video feeds, not nuch difference and downloads, slightly quicker but not life changing...but they are an American company ;-)))

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…