1e browser crashes every time! Netscape OK

rohar 21:25 02 Jul 04

HI

I don't understand what is happening.

Everytime I use IE - even just to start it to read a local html page - the thing says it has a fault and offers to report it to Microsoft

To try and isolate the problem I copied Netscape off a cover disc - and it works. I can use the internet!!

I get a variety of failures with the IE browser - a table fault - tab 01,a domain name fault and a mssrge server fault. All seem to be red herrings since the netscape browser has no probs.

At the same time - might not be connected - every time I open a word doc (with office) it fails - but only the first time - second time it works OK. If I open from recent or explorer it says something is missing - if I open again - it does it - the file is there and intact .......

Clearly all is not well .. where should I start to look.

PS the only thing I think I have done is add Dragon speaking ..... I did take it out and the word doc fault went away ( but it did come back)

Am still running windows 98, office 97 and norton 2003

VoG II 21:48 02 Jul 04

Try a repair click here

Valvegrid 22:28 02 Jul 04

To answer one of your questions about Word documents, yes the problem is connected, MS Word needs IE as its engine to work, so if its faulty MS Word won't work so try as MR VoG™ suggests.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…