191 Mb RAM ????

VideoSentry 11:36 18 Apr 06

Had the pleasure of cleaning out a friends Laptop over the weekend ( Toshiba ) and installing all the lovely freebies recommended by the Forum, when I ran CCleaner it shows up as 191Mb Ram?
My knowledge is limited but thought that it had to be multiples of 32?
The lappy is running slow and I wondered if that may effect it,the owner stated that it should have 512Mb
Brian

ed-0 11:42 18 Apr 06

cpu-z click here. This will tell you what ram is installed. Look under memory and spd.

or you could alt + ctrl + delete for task manager.

Totally-braindead 11:44 18 Apr 06

You could also try SIW it may give you some insight click here

Rigga 11:53 18 Apr 06

The laptop will have 256mb RAM, and it's using 64mb as graphics memory.

HTH. R.

rmcqua 12:19 18 Apr 06

Rigga is correct. My work place has loads of laptops that report in this way.

ed-0 12:26 18 Apr 06

Seems unsure on the total ammount of memory installed.

" The lappy is running slow and I wondered if that may effect it,the owner stated that it should have 512Mb "

The onboard graphics may be 64Mb if there is only 256Mb installed, but I doubt the onboard graphics would be 321Mb if it has 512Mb.;-)

It maybe just 191Mb is free when windows is running. Hence the programmes to check it.

VideoSentry 07:17 19 Apr 06

Many thanks for all the advice, I will ask my friend to check the above and report back.( He is in Oxford and Me in London)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…