1901 census online... Has anyone used this?

rins36 22:15 16 May 03

It would be helpful if anyone has used it & could offer advice on how it works, if its worth using etc

Thanks in advance

watchful 22:26 16 May 03

I have used it once and wasn't impressed.

Got one downloaded copy birth cert. and it cost £5. I've found it's better to do the research from your own library and pay £8 for a copy after getting a ref. no. I felt I did not know how much I'd be spending on the site so didn't stay on too long.

In short, the site did not provide me with what I was looking for and had too many lists of places to contact.

rins36 22:30 16 May 03

I thought the info u dloaded/accessed was free!

Guess I will not use it then, another shambles then

watchful 22:37 16 May 03

If I remember rightly, some info. is free. It depends what you're looking for. But, after all the hype, the site was not what I expected.

watchful 22:42 16 May 03

Just to make a correction, it wasn't a cert. I copied it was a copy of a census page.

ami 02:24 19 May 03

I don't think watchful is being entirely fair about this, & it's certainly not a shambles.
Person searches are free, for as many searches as you want. To view details of the person you've found costs just 50pence & to view the entire census page for that person costs 75pence, all searches are downloadable &/or printable at no extra cost.
If you buy a voucher (details on the site) they are valid for 6 months with no minimum charge per session, sessions last up to 48 hours at any one time. You can pay by credit card but there is then a minimum session cost of £5, which is probable what confused watchful, buy a voucher instead! As an experienced genealogist I would recommend the site to anyone, it is a fantastic resource and very user-friendly, just don't try & get birth certificates there!

Murray 03:06 19 May 03

for those too lazy to search in google

click here

BurrWalnut 08:09 19 May 03

I like the site and its information.

Here's a Mormon site for the 1881 census. Not complete as it depends on the public to supply data. Try it click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…