19" TFT Monitors

Ken H Lamb 19:25 12 Dec 04

Has anyone experienced problems (goasting etc) watching TV or playing games on a 19" TFT monitor with a 25mS response time? What is the best budget graphic card say up to £100?

TOPCAT® 21:01 12 Dec 04

as outlined in this test panel article. TC.
I quote:

"All eight 19in panels have a native resolution of 1,280 x 1,024 - the same as most 17in screens. This means you're not gaining any Desktop real estate, merely that everything's slightly larger, owing to a bigger pixel pitch. Plus, the lowest response time is 25ms - some 17in panels (and the 20in Sharp here) offer 16ms for reduced ghosting and lag in videos and games...."

click here

Djohn 22:51 12 Dec 04

The AOC in the review gives an unfair impression as its one of their lower end models LM 919.

The LM 929 same as FE has, I also have the same version but in a 17" panel is a superb TFT and will be hard to beat for quality, value for money. click here Also there are many factors to take into account when choosing a TFT monitor, the speed of the pixel response is only one of them and it will depend on how they have been measured. There are several ways of doing this and some manufactures will use them to an unfair advantage to make their panel appear faster than others.

Have a read of this review on how to choose a TFT monitor its well balanced and may surprise you to find that fast response times don't always mean no ghosting. click here

TomJerry 23:27 12 Dec 04

Sapphire Radeon 9600 Pro Advantage 256MB DDR AGP VGA TV-Out DVI-I Retail Box £73.47 click here

Connect3d ATI Radeon 9600XT 128MB DVI TV-Out Retail Box £91.41 click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…