19" LCD Monitor Recommendation

silverous 10:13 04 Sep 06

Hi,

A friend would like to buy a 19" LCD monitor to go with her PC.

She has seen them for approx. £150 in Pc World.

It is a gift for her husband who likes to watch movies on his PC so she doesn't want anything too cheap.

Anyone done this recently and have any recommendations?

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Silverous

Gongoozler 10:29 04 Sep 06

£150 for a 19inch LCD monitor is cheap, but that doesn't mean it isn't good for what your friend's husband wants. Paying more for a flat panel monitor will give faster refresh rates - essential for fast gaming and watching DVD's, more pixels - good if you want to use the computer for graphics editing, more accurate colours and wider viewing angle.

silverous 10:57 04 Sep 06

OK, well he does want to watch DVDs on it. Any recommendations? Anyone?

BigRik 11:26 04 Sep 06

The Samsung 930BF was top of PCA's chart earlier this year. Several of us on this forum have one and think it does a great job.

click here to read a review and the best deal I can find (though I haven't spent ages looking!) is click here.

Oh, and its fine for watching DVD's as well.

Gongoozler 11:33 04 Sep 06

4mS refresh rate for the Samsung 930BF is plenty fast enough for DVD viewing. In fact 12mS or better should make any streaking negligible.

silverous 12:26 04 Sep 06

Thanks, that looks like a good monitor. Seems to be only a few people including those that stock it...is it end of line?

I think he does play games occasionally, would anything nearer around £150 mark cope well ?

1887 12:32 04 Sep 06

The cheapest place to get a decent monitor is click here they can also deliver

Gongoozler 12:41 04 Sep 06

I always find the customer reviews at Ebuyer a good guide. In my experience Ebuyer publish all reviews, even the negative ones. For example this Benq FP92G 19" monitor at £150 plus delivery is very highly rated click here
A slower monitor will cope with games, but if fast games are played competitively, then a slower refresh rate can be a disadvantage.

silverous 12:43 04 Sep 06

Thanks gongoozler. Odd though - that spec shows 12ms, but the text says 8ms!

Das Boot 12:48 04 Sep 06

Hi try this one click here

1887 12:48 04 Sep 06

I tell ya mate try click here there ace cant fault there prices alot cheaper than pc world

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009