180search Assistant and others

Mike D 07:27 22 Jul 04

I have just been hit with this blighter. On checking the 680180 .net site I see that this is only installed upon request. Well, I did not request it and certainly don't want it. I have tried to uninstal it, but it keeps coming back. I have run Adaware and Spybot S & D, to no avail. Another programme was also installed at the sa,e time - AdDestroyer, this sees Ad Aware as a threat and identifies it as spyware and tries yo delete it. Another programme, TV Media is also installed and this just will no go. I cannot delete it (protected), Add Remove Programs doesn't touch it.

The worst thing about these programmes is the speed at which they dump adverts and spurious web pages on my system. I feel as if I am genuinely under attack. I have not been able to work effectively for a whole day because of the effort involved in trying to get shut of them.

It looks as if I need to reformat, unless someone out there knows any solutions.

Was I protected? Well I am on a network, which is protected by a regularly updated hardware firewall (Watch Guard), Sophos Anti virus, with all the bells and whistles. I don't know what else I could have dome. For goodness' sake, I'm supposed to be the manager of this small training company - I don't mess about on the Internet at work!

Any help gratefully received.

muppetmark 07:40 22 Jul 04

this site click here may be of some help

Mike D 07:48 22 Jul 04

Thanks, if nothing else, it gives me a lot to play with. I'll let you know how things go (in a couple of days)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…