180search Assistant

turnip 60 22:12 21 Jul 04

I keep getting a warning message as follows:
The system has detected, that a 3rd party has removed 180search assistant,possibly without your consent. this may cause some programs not to run as expected. please choose an option below.
1) Re-Install
2) Leave UniInstalled
3) Remind me later.
Can anyone tell me what this is please.
I run windows XP Pro.
regards

Lionheart ? 22:18 21 Jul 04

Have a read click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:20 21 Jul 04

click here

sounds like a load of bull to me if you didn't install it and don't want it the get rid

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:21 21 Jul 04

Suggest you also run some antispyware free copies below

Anti Spyware :-
Adaware click here
Spybot S&D click here
Spywareblaster click here
a2 click here

turnip 60 22:32 21 Jul 04

Many thanks guys,
i have just cottoned on that the 3rd party that removed the 180search assist would have been my spy ware program 'Spy Sweeper
I am learning all the time
kind regards

Mike D 22:40 21 Jul 04

I have just been hit with this blighter. I did not request it and certainly don't want it. I have tried to uninstal it, but it keeps coming back. I have run Adaware and Spybot S & D, to no avail. Another programme was also installed - AdDestroyer, this sees Ad Aware as a threat and identifies it as spyware. Another programme, TV Media is also installed and this just will no go. I cannot delete it (protected), Add Remove Programs doesn't touch it. It looks as if I need to reformat, unless someone out there knows any solutions.

Was I protected? Well I am on a network, which is protected by a regularly updated hardware firewall (Watch Guard), Sophos Anti virus, with all the bells and whistles. I don't know what else I could have dome. For goodness' sake, I'm supposed to be the network administrator - I don't mess about on the Internet at work!

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…