17" Widescreen display

hawthorn59 21:20 26 Apr 05

Hi.

I posted a few weeks ago as to opinions on what laptop I should go for etc. I was concerned with noisy fans etc. Anyway just to let you know I bought the HP Pavilion, no sure which model, sorry! Amd 64 3400 chip, DVD rw, 512 ram, 60 gig hd etc 17 W Screen.

All is beautiful, I would recommend it. VERY quiet fan, v good harman/kardon speakers, all in all v pleased with it.

Just one thing (of course!). Not so much with the HP, more as a general issue.
Im finding it a bit difficult to get used to 17 W Screen. Sometimes it seems pages only fill the middle, and a lot of the screen goes to waste! I believe you can change settings to stretch things, but I saw this once and didnt like the proportions etc. It seems most web pages arent "broadcasting"(!) in widescreen yet!

The other thing, which is more serious, is that a lot of the text seems to be too small to read. Especially on web pages. I realise I can change the resolution; what is the best setting to use?

I did change the DPI to 120 in settings, and this helped somewhat but also enlarged the title and toolbrs and the top and bottom, so more space is wasted.

Your help will be much appreciated!

K

TomJerry 21:44 26 Apr 05

LCD screen should use native resolution

you can have any fonts size you want, just right click on desptop, select properties, then "Apperance", go to "Advanced", you can set font and size for all screen items, including menu, icon etc etc, play around to get the best results you like

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…