1.65mb onto floppy

radi8or 17:40 16 Mar 04

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how to get 1.65mb file (sata install driver) onto 1.44 floppy.

thanks in advance

Regards Bob

Valvegrid 17:42 16 Mar 04

Have you tried one of the compression utilities from here:

click here

JerryJay 17:43 16 Mar 04

Physically, this cannot be done unless you compress it or split into two if cannot be compressed, but this will make drive softwrae usuless.

Maybe, you are not suppose to put file to a floppy, maybe it is a program which let you generate drive software with a couple of floppys.

radi8or 18:27 16 Mar 04

Hi Valvegrid, JerryJay,

Thanks for response, I'm a bit puzzled the file is a driver to install a sata drive, it's from Gigabytes site and read that it's to be d/loaded to floppy and used during initial set up of Windows, didn't say anything about compressing it.

P'haps better read up some more.

Heard a while back that you could enlarge the capacity of a floppy, can't remember how or if it was software.

Any info appreciated.

Regards Bob

TECHNODIMWIT 18:29 16 Mar 04

Have you tried it anyway to see if anything has been added to help.

Valvegrid 18:37 16 Mar 04

Does this forum throw any light on it?:

click here

radi8or 18:38 16 Mar 04

Yeah tried d/l but popped up "capacity not large enough insert larger disk if available" or words to that effect.

Regards Bob

radi8or 18:59 16 Mar 04

read your link, thanks, if I d/l to a cd will I be able to take Windows disk out to offload driver during setup ?

Regards Bob

TECHNODIMWIT 19:20 16 Mar 04
  Peter 19:25 16 Mar 04

Try this old thread from Woodchip:-

click here

It makes 1.4 Meg floppies into 1.72 Meg ones.

radi8or 19:40 16 Mar 04

thanks for link knew I had read it somewhere, mailed woodchip to see if still available.

Cheers mate

Regards Bob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…