16 colours Taskbar Icons

Wizzy 13:04 06 Dec 03

When I had Windows 98 the icons in the taskbar next to the clock only came up in 16 colours but a friends Windows 98 computer did the same so I thought that was correct. Now I have upgraded to Windows 2000 Pro and they still only show in 16 colours but Windows 2000 is ment to show the icons with as many colours as possible. All the other icons show with as many colours as possible because I have set the settings to. How can I get the taskbar clock icons with as many colours as possible.

MAJ 13:56 06 Dec 03

How do you know that the icons only have 16 colours, Wizzy? AFAIK icons have a maximum of 256 colours.

Wizzy 20:57 06 Dec 03

I can tell by my broadband connection icon as the colours are differant for 16 colours and the MSN Messenger icon is a 256 colour icon being converted to 16 colours, it's mainly grey and a dark green.

woodchip 21:10 06 Dec 03

Right click on desktop/Properties/Settings and see if it will let you change to (16bit) if it will not then you need to Download and install the correct drivers for you graphics card. You may already have these on a CD

Wizzy 09:56 07 Dec 03

It's set to 24bit.

Jester2K II 10:31 07 Dec 03

Try Tweakui click here. It has an option to repair your Icon Cache.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…