16 bit windows subsytem message at startup

second best 16:18 27 Jan 05

c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. the system file is not suitable for running ms-dos and microsoft windows applications. choose close to terminate the app.

i get this at each start up, i know how to get rid of it temporarily, - repair, autoexec.nt file copied to system 32, but comes back each time.

having trouble with my aiptek usb graphics tablet, and can't help but think this has something to do with it.

VoG II 16:33 27 Jan 05

Maybe the file in Repair is corrupt.

click here then on XP_Fix.EXE to install a "good" copy.

waspie 21:34 27 Jan 05

Thanks VoG for the fix. I was having the same problem as second best. I came here first as you guys are brill at sorting things out before vast amounts of stress wash over me.

It worked a treat. I was having problems loading my Epson ink monitor after a full pc meltdown (XP pro) Exactly the same message as second best.

Cured, I thank you VoX have a gold star.

second best 21:42 27 Jan 05

hhmmm. envy! i wish i could say the same, no such lick here. i have the file, i ran the exec, it tells me it for visual tour, and that it's successful. but i still get the message at startup. hyperpen still doesn't work either. i'm doomed.

second best 22:09 27 Jan 05

i found this log file in the windows directory. as far as i can find out is it for graphics tablet stuff, and may be linked directly to my problems with my aiptek hyperpen tablet. can anyone give me more.

*******Initializing Message Log:tabletoc.dll 05/15/04 21:51:41
*******Version:Major=5, Minor=1, Build=2600, PlatForm=2, CSDVer=Service Pack 1, Free

tabletsetup.cpp(826)TabletOC attempting to run outside of GUI mode or Mini setup - installation will not continue.
logmsg.cpp(42)********Terminating Log

*******Initializing Message Log:tabletoc.dll 05/15/04 21:52:45
*******Version:Major=5, Minor=1, Build=2600, PlatForm=2, CSDVer=Service Pack 1, Free

tabletsetup.cpp(826)TabletOC attempting to run outside of GUI mode or Mini setup - installation will not continue.

*******Initializing Message Log:tabletoc.dll 05/15/04 21:53:41

Dan the Confused 22:40 27 Jan 05

Try running Ad-aware SE click here Spybot S&D click hereclick here and AntiSpyware (XP/2K only) click here

Make sure you update them before running them.

Then try running XP_Fix.EXE again.

girrock 21:42 29 Jan 05

Thanks VoG. I was getting the same error message as Second Best and your answer was was spot on. First Class result. Thanks once again.

girrock 21:58 29 Jan 05

Second Best, Just read your reply above re visual tour. It looks like you downloaded the wrong fix from the webpage Vog directed you to. You want the second item on the page,not the first. Hope this helps. girrock

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…