//some 3rd party need geo

16 Bit Windows Subsystem error

peterleemaxwell 14:36 24 Jan 03

I am hoping I can get a fix for a problem I am having at the moment. How I got it I have no idea.
When I go to install a programme I get the error
"D:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application"
I have had a look around at some of the options on the web, and looked at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers\VDD and finding the value was what they said it should be:-REG_MULTI_SZ.
Is there anyone with any suggestions? I'm a "Silver Surfer" not thick but slow.
Thank you.

peterleemaxwell 18:56 24 Jan 03

I must be a Silver Surfer losing brain cells,
I forgot to mention my set-up It's a 2.0Ghz AMD
CPU two Hard drives 'C+D' the 'D' has the O.S. XP. Hope I get a reply. I see from the help list that it is very busy, so I'm hoping.
Thank You.

vinnyT 12:22 25 Jan 03

Sorry, don't know answer to your prob. but as your now on page 4, will bump you back up list. It may help to know what prog you are trying to install.

peterleemaxwell 13:53 25 Jan 03

vinnyT
Thanks for the 'Bump'. The prog. could be any even 'Zip' items.

peterleemaxwell 18:37 26 Jan 03

O.K. The easy way is just to 'overwrite' Win. XP.
That's what I didn't want to do, and thinking about, it is the last thing. There must be a 'Fix'.
Has nobody any idea?
Hoping to get a responce.
Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…