16 Bit Windows Subsystem.

PHILIP-243462 20:48 17 Feb 05

Help ..Hope someone can get me out of this mess..
just been tring to give my comp a spring clean ,
with ( easy clean ) . MUST HAVE GONE A BIT OVER THE TOP !! Now i cannot get my printer going . JUST GET THIS ERROR MESSAGE ..(C:\Windows\system 32\config.NT.The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS And microsoft windows appliccations. Choose 'Close' To Terminate the application.). The printer is an EPSON R200..& My sysemt is XP PRO..I've try'ed all my system restore points.And uninstalling The printer ; and the undone button in easy clean . but it's just the same message... HOPE SOME ONE CAN HEPL !!

JoeC 20:51 17 Feb 05

click here

and download the XPfix.exe

or

click here

Terry Brown 08:13 18 Feb 05

The easiest solution is to put the XP CD inthe drive,follow install instructions and re-install the new copy on top of the old. this will repair your system.

PHILIP-243462 19:36 20 Feb 05

THANKS.. TO , JOEC & TERRY BROWN, For the help you gents.. Sorted the problem with terrys fix !!
But it took an age to do.. Had to reinstall my IP
and had to reinstall the printer.. but it worked. But i'v downloaded joec's program. Just in case i get it wrong next time .. And once again THANKS FOR YOUR TIME...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…