16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem Error Message

salanddaz 21:50 03 Oct 04

Please help, when I insert a cd into either of my cd/dvd drives on my pc the following error pop's up.

16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem
C:\Windows\System32\Autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application

How do I stop this from coming up.

Thanks

Dan the Confused 22:00 03 Oct 04
  jfmfit2003 02:03 18 Jan 05

Dear Sir,
I get the message below everytime I turn on or reboot my computer. It has been ever since I had it built.
I run xp and have just loaded 'xp sp2' but it made no difference I still get the error message every time I turn on or reboot.
I have tried the microsoft
Article
(ID : 324767
Last Review : August 17, 2004
Revision : 1.0
This article was previously published under Q324767)

But do not know how to type in the command box. Or I should say I dont know how to get rid of whats in the command box. Should I start from an empty box or type after my name?

The article mentions at number 5) to start or install the programe. But I dont know how to from the command box.
Please help, John McOstrich

16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem C:\Windows\System32\Autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application

Dan the Confused 04:31 18 Jan 05

Download and run XP_Fix.EXE click here

Sethhaniel 08:21 18 Jan 05

copy autoexec.nt from c:/windows/repair folder to c:/windows/system32 folder
may have to unhide files in explorer to see folder

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…