1571 online

manrow 11:12 04 Apr 09

I note that from 31 March 2009, BT have stopped their 1571 online service which enabled the easy recording of voice conversations and callers numbers on computer.

Is there another easy way of doing the same thing?

Stuartli 13:29 04 Apr 09

The only way I can think of is to try and find one of the answering machines which use a micro-tape (M30/M60) and which can (also) be accessed from other than your home phone after entering a PIN.

It would probably have to be a secondhand example as modern answering machines seem to be digital types; a tape version would enable you to keep any recordings.

Sea Urchin 13:38 04 Apr 09

I use BT's 1571 Text Alerts service as a useful alternative. It allows you to link a mobile phone to your 1571 service; you'll receive a text when a voice message is left and can listen to it by dialling your own BT number.

Here is a quote from some BT literature:

"Never miss another voicemail message with BT 1571 Text Alerts. Sign up now and you'll get a text to your mobile phone as soon as you receive a new 1571 voicemail on your home phone. Just call home and the message will be relayed to your mobile.

Text Alerts are charged to your home number at standard rates. If you have our Unlimited Evening & Weekend or Unlimited Anytime Plan the texts can be taken from your inclusive BT Text bundle.

To sign up for BT 1571 Text Alerts, call 0800 389 5660 from your home phone. We will send a text message to your mobile to confirm your order. You can use any valid UK mobile number.

Please note that currently only one mobile can be linked to one mailbox. In order to retrieve messages remotely, press the * button during the greeting message. This service only works in the UK".

Cymro. 14:34 04 Apr 09

I am also signed up to the 1571 Tex Alerts that you mention and find it an excellent service.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017