1500 + Virus threats

carmichy 03:26 26 Nov 07

I run a small computer shop in the Philippines and when I opened my computers this AM my AVG found 1500 + threats on my system and healed them.

My computers seem to be working ok now but what I was wondering was if it would be better if I do a system restore back to Friday 23rd to make sure.

I have a Dell Dimension 5150 as my main server and the other three PC's are self assembled with MSI K9MM-V motherboards, AMD chips.

Thank you for AVG and any comments from the ever helpful forum members.

carmichy 03:35 26 Nov 07

forgot to say the viruses were mostly Worm/autoit. ER infecting a file named AO151550 > AO151627 and Obfustat

birdface 09:17 26 Nov 07

A system restore back to Friday would probably bring all your problems back,I presume you don't run your Anti-Virus that often to have that many problems.Have you got any Anti-Spyware programs that you could also run.Now this is a free scan from Eset[Nod]it might find other problems on your computer.click here Now as you are running 4 computers I am not a 100% sure it would work properly,Best waiting for someone to Ok it.

johnnyrocker 09:20 26 Nov 07

spywareblaster might be an asset

johnny.

carmichy 14:05 26 Nov 07

Thanks for the advice Buteman I thought it would help me doing a system restore. Yes I have AVG and A2square. I am quite conscious of the problems of downloading. It seems though my Pinoy assistant was being over helpful and downloaded Yahoo Games from a pirated CD. The worm was AUtoit and seems to be a local worm from Pinoy students. Not harmful but annoying. My Free AVG has healed it and now I am left with the job of tidying up my Server. Johnnyrocker thank you also for your comments

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now