15 pin d sub male or DVI ?

kizandtango 22:53 17 May 03

hey, im gona get a tft monitor 17", but i realy dont get the diff between the usual onnection (15 pin) and the new DVI connection. ALSO wots the beat specs for a 17" tft ? like the ms refresh r8 etc etc?ill b usin it purely for gaming, with a budget of little over 300. need to know by june 5th. much info as poss plz ppl?!

PT

graham√ 23:04 17 May 03

Translation babel fish required.

kizandtango 01:00 18 May 03

ooookkk i created this topic and an answer i got from "graham" was:

Translation babel fish required. soo umm.........WHAT?!?!?

powerless 01:07 18 May 03

It means he does not know what you are saying/asking.

Look for a response time of about 25ms.

IF you can go and see the monitor yourself its the best way to do it.

The connections of DVI and DSUB are different. A DSUB will not fit in a DVI and visa versa. You need a graphics card (with a DVI output) also to take advatnage of the DVI that the TFT has.

Little info click here

powerless 01:08 18 May 03

try this click here

hugh-265156 01:09 18 May 03

dvi is better but will cost you extra normally.crt still the best for gaming is thats yer thang!

powerless 01:10 18 May 03

Click "Click here to enter the site" and you'll see it.

Murray 01:12 18 May 03

see click here

The 'usual onnection' - a 15 pin socket is the standard for a CRT monitor - using analog signals.

The new, (better?) connection is using a DVI - Digital Visual Interface. This keeps the signal in its digital form, presumably better as it saves on DAC then ADC at either end?

As far as the consumer end goes, I think the Digital input screens are a bit more expensive, but not being in the market for one, I dont know how much and if it makes any difference.

One thing - you will obviously need a DVI out on your graphics card - or a special adaptor.

I think what Graham was trying to get at was your use of "txt talk" - does it really hurt to use full words?

I think

hugh-265156 01:14 18 May 03

click here and click here and click here and click here for some reviews

kizandtango 01:16 18 May 03

lol sory guys its the way i tlk wen typin.touch type.cant help it. it aint that bad. ok so im gona stik wiv the 15 pin but i need to know some gud "17 tft's that go well wiv gaming.

cheers for d help so far

pete

hugh-265156 01:29 18 May 03

click here gets good reviews all over but a much better crt can be bought for less like the click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…