1.42TB folder on my 2X40 GB setup!!

Connaught 10:27 05 Feb 03

I have win 28, 2 X 40gb HDD 1.8 mhz proc and 560 RAMand a strange event. I have been using MS Back up when on one of the exercises, I had the message that the media had stopped accepting data unexpectedly – the media was a CD RW.

I found that the size of one file was something like 1.41 TB!! . The folder was called Media which may have been my naming originally and was in Windows/Favorites. I immediately ran up to date Norton Virus but shortly got the message that it could not proceed as there was an error reading. There was no help in Norton to say what to do which to my mind defeated its purpose. I opened the folder to find it contained an whole stream of folders and files with unreadable titles. It was impossible to delete them.

Does anyone know what I have caught and am I in order in continuing to use my computer which seems to function in all other respects.?

Thanks

Connaught

JoeC 10:49 05 Feb 03

click here and down on the left hand side, click on Symantec security Check to scan your system. : }

Connaught 08:36 07 Feb 03

Thanks oe for your guidance. I have been to the Symantec Website and run the security virus scan. A strange exercise where it seemed to scan only a selection of files on my C Drive but seemed to scan all the files on the D Drive. They are my two Hard drives and I believe the mess is on my C Drive in the Windows folder.

In all over 100,000 files were read most on the D drive with no viruses reported. (There are hardly any zip files) This has got to be nonsence. I have just renewed my NAV subscription and feel I have been let down. Have tied with great difficult to contact Symantec tot tell me as a matter of urgency how to deal with this problem. This has had to go to their feedback because there is no way to otherwise get at these guys. Havent heard a thing.

Do you have any other ideas please?

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…