1394 ohci firewire software error ID 3

supawoman 11:48 31 Mar 09

Hi, Can anyone advise me. Trying to install firewire to my pc. Have checked thru device manager - everything correct and present no conflicts. Have put the CD in to install the software and it comes up with "the installer has encountered an unexpected error ID = 3". Does anyone know what this means, or what I need to do? I am using WIN XP. p.s. bit of a geek with PC stuff..so handle me gently!!

eedcam 12:43 31 Mar 09

Dont think you need any software to install windows should come up and say found new hardware and thats it .Unless of course you mean some other kind of software Ie editors

supawoman 17:27 31 Mar 09

Once installed...it didn't come up as new hardware detected...but gone into device manager and it is all there and no conflicts. A software disk came with it...which I believe is for editing.. but it wont install...I can explore the disk and read about how to use it...but it says (above) error ID = 3 ????

eedcam 18:46 31 Mar 09

Ignoring your Disc/software for the moment just try and capture some footage .You have windows movie maker already on your pc. First thing you ned to do is estabilish if the windows sees the \cam .Be aware connecting up should be done with both PC and Cam off then switch pc on when its fired up switch on the cam with palyback selected but not playing .Widows should beep and say new hardware found then sak which programme you want to use for capture .If you get that far then you r firewire is indeed ok try that first if all well the software issue can be dealt with later

supawoman 18:56 31 Mar 09

yep yep yep.....wahoooo... found new hardware indeed!..'AVC compliant DV camcorder..hardware installed and ready to use'. I have images I want to transfer from tape (camcorder) to cd or dvd...I will see if I can get it to work...will look at software that came iwth pc...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…