1394 Connection & Scansoft FTP

chub_tor 12:26 21 May 05

I have noticed just recently that I have acquired a new connection in my Network Connections folder called 1394 Connection and a 1394 Adapter (connected and firewalled). Plus a new folder click here in My Network places.

I don't know where they came from, except that I recently had to download an update for Microsoft Framework.Net (Version 1.1) so that I could use the new Catalyst drivers for my ATI Radeon graphics card.

These new items don't seem to affect my operation, but if I don't need them I would like to delete them. Does anyone know if these two items are connected and if it is safe to delete them?

Thanks

bremner 12:36 21 May 05

1394 is your Firewire connection

DieSse 13:13 21 May 05

Scansoft FTP is likely the FTP program that Scansoft supply with Paperport - so it's to do with your scanner, and nothing to do with the FireWire connection.

chub_tor 14:21 21 May 05

Thanks guys, I figured out just after posting that the 1394 connection was Firewire - I had forgotten that I installed a PCI card with USB2 and Firewire outputs a couple of weeks back.

I thinkk the Scansoft folder may have come from their site when I was searching for Omnipage OCR updates.

Guess I'll just leave them be.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…