127.0.0.1 What is it?

Limehouse 18:59 14 Nov 03

When I boot up, and at other various time, Norton FW reports a computer at the location 127.0.0.1 is trying to access my PC with the Netbus Trojan. This happens even when I am not connected to the net. I have run Spybot and Norton AV, both report clear. I know this is the Loopback Network Address, but I am not on a network. How can I stop this from happening.

spikeychris 19:03 14 Nov 03

Its your local host, IE...you.

Limehouse 19:05 14 Nov 03

Okay Spikey, I understand that, What I am trying to find out is why am I trying to connect to me, if you see what I mean.

spikeychris 19:07 14 Nov 03

Its a karma thing. We all have to get intouch with our inerselves.

Limehouse 19:09 14 Nov 03

Yeah man, really cool, any other ideas as to how I can stop this from happening.

woodchip 19:11 14 Nov 03

If you go to Start/Run Type MSCONFIG press OK look in Startup Tab for a box with a tick and the association with the above and remove the tick and restart computer

Limehouse 19:12 14 Nov 03

Yeah Man, really cool, any other ideas as to how I can stop this from happening.

Limehouse 19:15 14 Nov 03

Sorry for the double post,

Woodchip.........what association am I looking for please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…