Newuser857 11:39 08 Apr 04

Can anyone tell me how to prevent a site called 123.com from hi jacking my internet service. I am on Freeserve Broadband and run Windows XP Pro. A small splash screen with what appeared to be an obscene image appeared in the middle of working on an excel file and keeps re appearing no matter what I do. It shuts down Freeserve and installs its own dialler. I have to go through all the uninstall procedures. I have tried CW Shredder and a Trojan removal programme but each comes up saying they have found nothing. Norton does not find anything either. My wife uses the internet for genealogical research and I use it mainly for military history including American sites.

Can anyone help on this one please. .

temp003 11:54 08 Apr 04

Try another spyware remover such as Adaware click here or Spybot S & D click here

Download, install, update the program before scanning.

After it's cleaned, try SpywareBlaster for prevention. click here

byfordr 11:56 08 Apr 04

Use dialer control from this link click here
And useful link for spybot, adaware etc on this one click here
click here there is a couple of different cwshredder types, may be worth looking at. Also kill2me, and hijack this.

Newuser857 12:06 08 Apr 04

Thanks for all the advice folks I must log off now as I want to keep my log on time to a minimum till I get this thing soreted. I'll come back later.

Newuser857 16:42 09 Apr 04

Further to my message above re 123 com I used the programmes suggsted and it appears to have cut out the nuisance - Spyblaster appeared to be particularly effective. Thanks again to all who gave me advice in this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…