//some 3rd party need geo

123 Mania Pop Up takes over the screen

Gar Munt 09:02 21 Jun 04

When I click on internet explorer, a pop up (123 Mania) takes over the screen and says that msn.com is unavailable. This pop up has even taken over the screen when in a 'secure' banking site. For most of the time my internet access is useless due to this pop up, if anyone could tell me how to get rid of this nuisance it would be greatly appreciated.

Gongoozler 09:23 21 Jun 04

Hi Gar Munt. Have you tried running AdAware click here and / or Spybot SD click here, and if they don't help CoolWebShredder click here. One of them might remove this pest.

Gongoozler 09:27 21 Jun 04

A contributor to this forum click here had the 123 Mania infection and used CoolWebShredder to remove it.

CaleI 09:47 21 Jun 04

Does this happen only when you start IE? A short term fix could be to just hit alt-F4 in order to close the window taking up your screen.

Gar Munt 12:20 21 Jun 04

Thanks, problem is now sorted. By downloading HijackThis from click here. This did it easily by deleting three entries which contained the text 123mania which made it easy to recognise.
Help was appreciated. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…