123 Copy DVD unsupported DVD burner problems.

Portly 22:02 06 Jul 05

Having paid for this program, I now learn that my DVD burner is not supported. Does anyone know of a dvd burner which is still available, and which is supported please.

ACOLYTE 23:06 06 Jul 05
  Portly 08:36 07 Jul 05

Yes, thanks Acolyte. I have this list,but having done a search for many of them on two search engines, I have not found any that are currently available. ( And have you noticed the prices that they used to be, compared with a new drive. Ouch. )

pj123 13:20 07 Jul 05

Well both my LG DVD burners appear to be supported. Cheap enough to me at £35.

click here

pat-212841 18:23 07 Jul 05

I got the external LG (GSA5163D) DVD±RW Dual Layer Burner cost twice as much as pj123 internal one but i was to scared to fit a burner inside but i happy with it easy to use and came with a disc that had Cyberlink and Nero on but i bought dvd x copy platinum thats so much better than Cyberlink and Nero .

Portly 18:36 07 Jul 05

good man, that is what I was hoping for. Which one or ones are you using please? I should be ok with the same.

Thanks in anticipation.

Portly 19:02 07 Jul 05

if I understand it correctly, you would need an authoring program to go with DVD shrink. I had already got good free ripping and resizing freebies, but ran up against the same problem.

pat-212841 19:39 07 Jul 05

dvd x copy platinum i use, i got it from ebay its been banned in the USA it copies anything shrinks it encodes it and burns it in about 30 minutes. I kept going round in circles with dvd shrink was taking too long !

Portly 19:54 07 Jul 05

one to bear in mind. I must admit that I went to 123CopyDVD for much the same reasons. If only I can get it to work, it seems ideal for my immediate needs.

pj123 20:00 07 Jul 05

I have 2 computers. One has the LG GSA4082B standard DVD burner and the other has the LG GSA4163B Dual Layer burner. Nero Burn can be got from SVP click here at £8.48 plus Postage and DVD Xcopy is also available from the same site at £6.98 plus Postage.

Portly 20:26 07 Jul 05

PCWorld have the GSA4163B on offer at the moment so that looks good. Thanks very much for your input. Can I just confirm that you actually use this with 123CopyDVD.

I am just looking at the trial version of Nero 6. Looks promising.

By the way I was not saying that current prices for DVD burners are high. Far from it. They were much more expensive a few months ago.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…