12 hours for an email...

nick_j007 12:40 03 Jan 04

My brother is complaining that it takes over 12 hours for him and his girlfriend to receive emails from each other. (She lives in the USA, he in the UK).

Any obvious reason for this please?

Indigo 1 13:23 03 Jan 04

Check with ISP to see if they have any probs.

Try setting the priority to high, in IE6 under Message tab click "set prioriy" select "high" needs to selected for each new mail.

Jester2K 13:55 03 Jan 04

The priority flag is just an indicator to the recipient to treat the message as High or Low Priority. It doesn't affect the order or speed at which the message is sent or received.

Gaz 25 14:25 03 Jan 04

having major problems with spam and viruses. In the aim to block them all, it means there is a slowdown.

Supanet takes 5mins to send mail back to myself.

Reason: Scanned for viruses and checked by SpamHaus.

nick_j007 16:27 03 Jan 04

Ok guys thank you. Perhaps it's viruses etc. But 12 hours?

bremner 16:32 03 Jan 04

Well it's not affecting Blueyonder.

Just sent a message to myself. It was no more than five seconds before it came back.

There is no way an e mail should take twelve hours, it must be a fault with the ISP's mail server or your settings.

bof:) 16:42 03 Jan 04

are you sending pictures? if so make sure they are set in .jpg format and not .bmp format

goonerbill 16:43 03 Jan 04

i've had an email take over 14hrs to get to me. i work in chelmsford and partner works in billericay about 15 miles, not the few thousand between uk and usa.

nick_j007 16:53 03 Jan 04

At this rate first class post might be quicker! :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…