1141 10:49 20 Sep 06

I decided to make a back-up installation disk using Windows XP `Slipstreaming' facility. As my copy of SP2 is a bit long in the tooth, I downloaded the latest version (5.5.10005.0 KB835935SP2_ENU) from the Microsoft website.

When I tried to istall it, I received the message that `5.5.10005.0 KB835935SP2_ENU.exe is not a Valid WIN 32 application'. This has happened on previous occasions when I have tried toload an application. My system runs XP Professional SP2 using NTFS.

Your comments would be appreciated.

Margot

Gongoozler 11:26 20 Sep 06

From click here

"Verify the original file had the extension EXE before you renamed it. If it had a different extension such as ZIP or RAR you will need to extract the Service Pack from this archive first. Then rename the extracted file.

If the original file did not have an extension then you most likely have Hide file extensions for known file types enabled.

1141 18:03 20 Sep 06

Thanks for the reply, Gongoozler. The file has not been renamed, simply downloaded to disk as it appeared on the MS website.

mattyc_92 18:33 20 Sep 06

Sounds like a corrupt download. One way to find out is to download it again to a different location.

PS. In future, give a meaniful thread title

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…