1&1 Questions...

nick_j007 17:42 01 Oct 05

Hello again,

Trying to refine a few oputstanding questions I have re setting up my own web site with 1&1, probably home edition...

Is the web design wizard 'do-able'? I'm reasonably competent on the PC, but have no idea re web design.

Also, I have .com and the .co.uk version of my domain name. The .com just to be bloody minded and stop others using it basically, but the .co.uk is the publicised version.

I currently have a business card type page for them both on Easyspace, and looking to work on the .co.uk version.

Should I do the web site for them both, or can I set up something like a 'diverter' if people visit .com through to .co.uk? thus needing just the one web site of course (and one monthly fee)

I may well be able to set up the diversion to the full website from within Easyspace...I'll have a look.

Would appreciate some feed back on the above, as once I have that straight in my mind I can get going with my web site. May re post if no good.

Many thanks all on getting me off the ground...much appreciated.

Nick

Forum Editor 17:58 03 Oct 05

so I can't advise you on that. Most of these host-provided wizards are quite good however, and provided you don't mind using a template from a limited range of choices you should end up with a reasonable site - at least until you can create something better yourself.

You can point the .com name to the .co.uk address via your 1&1 control panel.

nick_j007 21:08 03 Oct 05

Many thanks FE!

Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…