//some 3rd party need geo

1&1 -New Control Panel

Sir Radfordin 12:32 28 Apr 04

Wow | click here

They seemed to have opened up a whole new world of toys. Can see a few people doing things they will later wish they hadn't with this lot!

Any views opinions on the changes?

Taran 14:46 28 Apr 04

Looks much better, a little easier to find your way around.

Long overdue though.

The 1&1 Control Panel was always a stumbling block. I found it unnecessarily complicated, not from a personal perspective, but new users to web host accounts often stumble over controlling things they really don't understand and many clients who have used 1&1 in the past commented that they had no clue how to use the old Control Panel.

I'll have a play later this evening and get my teeth into it all properly.

Early indications are good, but I'm still more impressed with the control panel on another host I'm using at the moment.

Holographic_man 14:48 28 Apr 04

I agree Sir Radfordin I had a look awhile back and it's not for the faint hearted,
I think it's a good idea to dowmload the manuals!

Thought they would have let us know about the changes, maybe they did and I missed them.

Sir Radfordin 15:27 28 Apr 04

I've never had a problem with the old control panel, but then it is the only one I've ever used. Some things seemed to have a long winded way being achieved.

Like you Taran, time will have to be spent getting into it and working out the new options and any advantages.

If only I had the time...!

IClaudio 18:42 28 Apr 04

that 1&1 didn't let on to anyone that the Control Panel had changed - they're very quick to let you know of New Offers :)

I didn't particularly like the old one, and this one seems just as haphazard. Have I missed something - there doesn't seem to be way of Saving the pdf manuals (which look quite helpful) to disk.

Sir Radfordin 18:44 28 Apr 04

I expect if you right click on the PDF links you will be able to "save the target" and achieve what you want.

Perhaps 1&1 didn't tell people because they didn't want us all to rush out and play with it. There may be an announcement in the coming days. It isn't unusual for changes to be released in this way.

Sir Radfordin 18:52 28 Apr 04

Or if you open tehe PDF file up you can click the disk icon to save a copy.

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:55 29 Apr 04

but I will in a minute! Bye!!!

barryoneoff.co.uk 01:13 29 Apr 04

they certainly didn't mess about there did they?

I'll have to have a proper perusal when I'm less tired.

Forum Editor 01:17 29 Apr 04

they've spent quite a bit of time on it by the looks of things. Like the rest of you, I'll have a fiddle with it when I have time, but it's definitely an improvement on the old version.

IClaudio 09:03 29 Apr 04

...doh! Yes, the right-click works. Thanks...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…