Is 1&1 eShop the best on the market

erkmatrix 15:06 09 Nov 04

I got a email the other day saying about a 30 day trial of their eshop package and just wondered if it was the best thing out there.

Also is there somewhere i can see examples of their sites, i know there is three site you can view of the capabilities of the packages
click here, click here, click here

These look ok apart from the first one which looks quite basic really.And have heard bad things now about the billing department of the company and them answering emails.

I'm needing a business website and just wondered if you guys had any ideas who was the best in the world, I couldn't go any hight than £450 for a package.

Anyone?

Forum Editor 21:48 09 Nov 04

that's a pretty tall order, and there's no way you'll find out anyway. We all have our likes and dislikes, and to be perfectly honest I've not found any one hosting company that is perfect in every way.

Hosting a business web site isn't that difficult, and you'll find hundreds of companies who will provide the necessary facilities. If it doesn't work out you can transfer your domain name to a new host without too much difficulty, and your site visitors will not even notice.

When it comes to e-commerce it can be a different story, and a great deal depends on your particular business requirements. There are many shopping cart applications, and once again different web designers favour different systems. My particular favourite is Actinic

click here It's not cheap, and it has a reasonably steep learning curve, but in my opinion (one that's shared by many) there's nothing to touch it for really professional e-commerce sites.

I have no experience of the 1&1 solution, apart from the fact that I received the same email as you, but they're offering a 30 day free trial, so you have nothing to lose by experimenting.

murgle 07:49 07 Feb 05

Hi,

I have been using the 1&1 eShop for a few years now. It is very easy to set up and works well for what I do (selling SVA spares for Japanese imported cars).

You can see it at click here . This uses 1&1's preset themes.

You can also build your own frame pages which will show the shop details inside the main frame. This allows you to make the shop look like your existing Website. For an example of this go to click here

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…