10bit Smart Defrag - New beta 4 version

cocteau48 17:44 18 Oct 07

Yes still a beta version but a huge improvement on the beta3 issue - including a dramatically changed user interface:
click here

sunny staines 17:55 18 Oct 07

thanks, did you know awc2 has been upgraded to 2.5.5.823

cocteau48 18:04 18 Oct 07

Good evening sunny staines and thanks for the heads up on the AWC upgrade.
Checking out the Smart Defrag I see it has a defrag and a defrag/optimize function.

aine 21:02 18 Oct 07

I am using smart defrag beta 3.1, following your thread I asked it to update. IObit said mine was the latest, geek shows the latest as beta4, whose correct?. Comments please aine

sunny staines 21:10 18 Oct 07

beta 4, fails to load the icons on the lower right of the screen by the clock untill the relevant programs are opened manually via start - programs.[using xp pro]

other than this minor fault I like the improvements and expect an updated beta shortly to correct this, but no news yet, it has already been aired on the iobit forum.

cocteau48 21:36 18 Oct 07

aine:
Version 3.1 will not update to version 4.
If you download 4 from MajorGeeks the installation process will automaticaly uninstall 3.1 before proceeding to install version 4.

sunny staines:
No problem here with icons not loading - unless I'm missing something! (XP Home/SP2)

sunny staines 22:04 18 Oct 07

nis2007, spyware terminator, and gmail notifier all failed to load on reboot, some icons did load.
problem aired on iobit forum so i expect a quick fix soon.

do like it though and can live with the fault for now.

sunny staines 13:58 19 Oct 07

as i hoped for a further beta update to fix the missing icons

click here

pj123 14:19 19 Oct 07

Are we ever going to get a finished version, or will they always be beta versions?

Stuartli 15:07 19 Oct 07

I noticed the Beta4 version had been released today; I used IOBit for some time and recommended it, but followed up a suggestion recently to try Auslogics Defrag and liked it so much I've stuck with it.

sunny staines 15:07 19 Oct 07

new beta is a big improvement though, beta may finish when awc3 comes out

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac