10/100 16bit PCMICA Card

The Brigadier 17:30 17 Dec 06

I have a Toshiba P2 233MHz S4010CDS/4.0 Laptop with no network point on it. Could i buy this click here and would it fit in my Laptop to enable me to connect it via a Hub or Router to network it?

mgmcc 19:16 17 Dec 06

Yes, that network card should be OK.

The Brigadier 19:52 17 Dec 06

Thanks.

dms05 06:47 18 Dec 06

I've use a 16 bit Netgear 10/100 PCMCIA card with a Toshiba 4030 and that worked OK - even though the laptop is very slow compared to current one's. You can also use a 16 bit 802.11b PCMCIA WiFi card.

The Brigadier 14:51 18 Dec 06

The laptops going on a small network to enable me to test it with the possibility of it being used on the net. But will only be looking at a 56k modem as i dont think it's quick enough for broadband!

mgmcc 09:04 19 Dec 06

<<< But will only be looking at a 56k modem as i dont think it's quick enough for broadband! >>>

I think you are getting confused here. You would either connect the laptop directly to an ISP using a 56k dialup modem, or you would network it via a router and have the full speed of your broadband connection available. The laptop will be more than capable of using your broadband connection's speed over an ethernet connection, particularly as the card you linked to supports 100Mbps networking.

The Brigadier 13:57 19 Dec 06

The PCMICA Card is so the laptop can go on a test network evaluating NOS etc. If it goes on the net it may just be on a 56k dial up connection just to get software updates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…