100MBPS USB CONNECTOR OR INTERNAL 54 MB?

I have a laptop with an internal 54mbps card, I have been given a new usb connector at 100mbps would I be better plugging that into the laptop or will it confuse things?
Am I right in thinking it will only affect up/downloads between the laptop and pc whichare networked and not effect the broadband connection speed? Thanks

STREETWORK 19:18 15 Feb 07

The speed of the card/adapter is irrelevant as it would be governed by the actual signal strength of the connection. Using the USB one will not interfere with the card as long as the card has been disabled. You can do this from device manager...

The signal strength is excellent and at 100 mbps how would I disbale the card- thanks for your help!

STREETWORK 20:21 15 Feb 07

Open control panel, then double click the 'system' icon, select the hardware tab and then device manager. Find the network card here, right click it and then properties select disable from the bottom of the window...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…