100% use of CPU, and crashes.

I am running an older P3 449 MGhz 256 ram system for simple gaming and office uses.

I am havnig problems with my computers internal alarm.It beeps during complicate actions such as games rendering prior to complete system freezes/crashes.

To start with I thought it was down to overheating, I have checked fan speed, and temp and time of crashing simple old games (deus EX, Shogun total war) .This all seemed correct and no ab normalities. I discussed it back in Jan.

Although there was a pause between readings as I had to rebopot the system each time it crashed.This may have some bearing on the readings accuracy.

But I got Norton Systemworks and Sytem Doctor to monitor the uses and tasks.

I have noticed that quite often the high CPU use alarm comes up. With big red spikes on the graph.

This happens when I have just one or two apps open. Or Im writing an email. I cannot see any other tasks running, but my Hard drive seems to be running in the background constantly.

How can I tell if my CPU is damaged, underrunning or I am running hidden programs.

I am very frustrated at not being able to run, under speced games for my computer I know used to run on it.

Please help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…