100% CPU useage.. While trying to download...

ayefinch 09:57 12 Feb 05

When I am online And trying to download a file or some such, my computer seems to freeze. My internet connection does whatever but my CPU goes bezerk. Can anyone tell me what this is and how to stop it???

Comp Spec:
AMD Sempron 2.4ghz
512 Ram
80gig HDD
128 ATI Radeon Graphics Card
DVD Rom/ CD RW

Thanks Finch

Belatucadrus 12:29 12 Feb 05

I think a lot more information will be needed before anybody comes up with an answer here :-

What security i.e. Anti Virus, Firewall & Anti Spyware are you using ?

What type of download, direct from net or via P2P like Kazaa ?

ayefinch 18:47 15 Feb 05

When I am online And trying to download a file or some such, my computer seems to freeze. My internet connection does whatever but my CPU goes bezerk. Can anyone tell me what this is and how to stop it???

Comp Spec: AMD Sempron 2.4ghz 512 Ram 80gig HDD 128 ATI Radeon Graphics Card DVD Rom/ CD RW

Thanks Finch

additional info..

AVG Anti Virus
No Fire wall
Spybot

I try to avoid P2P, but it makes little difference.

Thanks for any help

Belatucadrus 19:44 15 Feb 05

I'd try this useful tool first click here the Micro World Anti Virus toolkit, scans for:- illegal dialers, illegal sniffers and tools like spyware, adware, keylogger etc. If that doesn't help try click here and post a Hijack this log for one of the experts to sort through.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…