100% CPU usage

discovery 12:17 01 Jan 05

my cpu usage has been 100% at times as a system file/application "ctfnom" (in the system32 folder) has been running. what is this and why does it keep kicking in? i have recently swithed from dial-up to broadband if this has any bearing on the matter.

BH34 12:23 01 Jan 05

Presence of file ctfnom.exe in your system means that your computer is infected with trojan

AndySD 12:26 01 Jan 05

click here and run the free online virus scan.

Post back after its done. Are you running an antivirus and is it up to date?

BH34 12:26 01 Jan 05
  Brian-318590 12:26 01 Jan 05

go here and down load this scanner/remover click here

ACOLYTE 12:27 01 Jan 05

I have heard of cftmon,but not cftnom,however if you have spelt it wrong, you could try this,open control panel,goto date time and lauguage settings,click regional and language options,then goto languages and click details,if there is more than one keyboard sevice installed delete all but the english(uk) click apply,if there is only 1 then im at a loss.Cftmon controlls speech and handwriting services,so if you use office xp or the like then this will keep starting up.Also the is a ctfnom that is spyware/trojan related.

discovery 12:47 01 Jan 05

have norton internet security which is updated regularly!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…