100% cpu usage

connora 00:20 19 Mar 04

I am having trouble with my laptop, after starting up windows task manager my cpu usage is constantly at 100%. When I attempt to connect to the internet , the computer seems stable until I attempt to surf the net, scroll a page etc.this results in a reboot. Any ideas?

recap 10:28 19 Mar 04

You must find the process which is using all of your resources.

Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up the task manager.

Under the processes tab, find the busy process.

You can end the process now. But if it is unfamiliar to you, search your computer for its name to discover the application to which it is associated.

The problem may be caused if you have media player and messenger updates or it may be Norton that is hogging your CPU usage.

recap 10:29 19 Mar 04

One other thought is that you may have a virus? Update your virus checker and see if you have an infected system.

woodchip 10:35 19 Mar 04

Go to start run and type MSCONFIG press enter key, Have a look in the startup tab at what is starting when you boot comp you can remove just about all the tickes exept Anti Virus and Firewall. you can restor the tickes if there is something you find after that you need

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…