100 cpu

Rocker 12:23 11 May 06

hi my pc is useing 100 cpu when i looked at task manager it says esplorer.exe is useing 97 cpu anyone know how to stop this.thanks

VoG II 12:28 11 May 06

Do you really mean eSplorer.exe click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:30 11 May 06

I hope you ment explorer.exe because

esplorer.exe is a virus click here

Rocker 15:34 11 May 06

hi thanks it says explorer.exe is useing 97 cpu

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:18 11 May 06

Try the following, but try them in the order posted one at a time. If the first suggestion does resolve the problem, then there is no need to try the next two.

0. Go to Start/Run and type:
regsvr32 C:\windows\system32\zipfldr.dll /u and click OK.

1. Disable "Automatically search for network printers and folders?":
Folder Options >> View >> "automatically search for network printers and folders".

3. Delete index.dat (it may be corrupted). You can find the file via Documents and Settings/(User)/Application Data/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/UserData/ folder, if it is not found there, search your computer and delete the file then reboot the PC.

mattyc_92 18:13 11 May 06

Yes... This is normal

First of all, sorry about wording.... This is hard to Explain

It means that the process "explorer.exe" is using 97% of the CPU resources used at the moment.

e.g. if your "CPU Usage" was 10% and "explorer.exe" is 97%, it means that explorer.exe is using about 8% of total CPU resources

Rocker 19:03 11 May 06

thanks for all help tryed all the above but the cpu is 100 the pc is running very slow

GroupFC 09:38 12 May 06

I don't think that is right - I have just opened task manager and windows explorer and (not doing much else) my cpu usage was showing 10%, just about all being used by explorer.exe and system idle was showing the balance (i.e 90%).

Rocker, I am sorry I don't have a solution for you, but I think you do have a problem. At least this post bumps you up the list!

FatboySlim71 10:02 12 May 06

Is it a Cube branded PC that you have ? Why I ask is I had a Cube branded PC that also used to have unexplainable high CPU usage, I have read on this forum somewhere that Cube are apparantly known to sometimes send PC's out with out of date Bios and drivers, just a thought in case yours was one of these.

Rocker 10:37 12 May 06

thanks all ita still 100 the pc is packard bell iconnecet running win xp pro its on the net useing a network adapter linksys usb

mattyc_92 12:09 12 May 06

I think I miss-understood the opening post.

I was trying to explain that the percentage next to each process indicates the percentage of how much of the current total used resources is being used by that process (if that makes sense)

I didn't mean that 100% of the CPU Resources were supposed to be used.

Sorry about the confusion

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…