10 Gig a month - is this normal?

mco 22:16 17 May 07

I got a Toshiba laptop in the boxing day sale; very good, all fine, though has slowed down a bit recently. It is 80GB but when I looked at what was left, apparently I only have 23 left... so that's an average of 10GB usage a month. (I do photos, websites, movies) Is this right? At this rate I am likely to have run out of space by autumn... my photos are only 9GB but I do have several big programs and I suppose they must all add up. I reckon even if I took measures to get rid of stuff, squash it up, clean it up, I surely couldn't get rid of 50+GB ... should I get some more? Or get a new laptop? (I do have one of those large external hard drive things but it's hardly portable, dangling on the end of my laptop)

VoG II 22:20 17 May 07

Movies take up a lot of room. What about something like click here

Kate B 22:21 17 May 07

80GB isn't a big hard drive these days. I'd shift things like pictures and music on to a big external hard drive and only keep vital files on the laptop itself.

btw, this would have been better in the helproom :)

Totally-braindead 22:22 17 May 07

Movies can take a lot of space.
9 gig of photos is enormous. I back mine up onto CD or DVD and then remove them.
The point of the external hard drive is you can clear a lot of the stuff. For example the photos. Do you use them all the time? If not move them to the external hard drive. The movies, same question. Any other files and records that you do not need all the time move them to the external hard drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017