1 speaker has gone dead?

xalemo 11:17 26 Apr 03

Hi all,
My subwoofer goes into a SB live 128.
To the woofer goes the first satelite, to which goes the second satelite. I power on on the first satelite but it does not output anymore. The second one works fine though.
Any ideas?

dogtrack 13:20 26 Apr 03

Loose/ Dirty connection perhaps. If external check is ok, try looking inside. After you have disconnected them, of course!

Brian_B 13:26 26 Apr 03

I would try a different cable before worrying about the speaker. Wires are prone to breakage - especially close to a plug. Or connection inside plug may fail. Cut a couple of inches off the cable end and put a new plug.

piple 13:40 26 Apr 03

i had exactly the same thing happen ,i bought 2 new speakers with same result.i later had to format .afterwards the speakers were working.im not saying you should format. try reloading the sound drivers.

graham√ 14:21 26 Apr 03

Easy way to check a speaker, connect a 1 1/2 volt cell (battery) across the lead. You will hear a click from the speaker. In this way you can check all your leads and speakers quite safely.

Senator BoB 14:24 26 Apr 03

May sound stupid but check you volume control and see if the output control is centred so sound comes out from both speakers :)

xalemo 21:03 26 Apr 03

a cable was loose... what an idiot I can't believe it.Funny how the second speaker was not affected especailly since it is connected to the 1st one.
Thanks guys!

xalemo 21:07 26 Apr 03

A cable went loose...what an idiot, I can't believe it...lol, Funny how the first speaker was dead but not the second one, the 2nd is attached only to the 1st.
Anyway, another pn solved, cheers all.

piple 13:43 19 Aug 03

after downloading spyblocker i am getting red crosses in the title bars on yahoo,i have adjusted the security settings to medium with no result,can anyone help please

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…