1 printer 2 pcs - advice needed please

I have one printer to use from 2 computers -there is only one form of input for the printer - the usb type.One is a company laptop which is locked to all new progs so I can install no new software.
I need to connect the 2 to one printer - this means that any switching will have to be manual.I have normal usb printer leads - with small sqare end for printer - do these fit into the PS2 connections which Ive seen on the maplin ad. Ive copied below - (I was sold wrong thing at pc world yesterday )
CPU Switch Box 2 PS2
• Manual data switch box
• High quality data transfer switch
• 2 users share one device
• PS2 and monitor connectors
• Heavy duty rotary switch
• Metal case for full shielding

This high quality data transfer switch allows multiple users to share a peripheral device and providing an economical option to purchasing additional peripheral or complicated networking solutions.>

If theres any other solution please let me know.Thanks for reading!

DieSse 10:49 24 Jul 05

You,ve been sold the wrong switch - you need, as examples click here

I suggest you take it back and ask for a USB switch, which is what you need. Take a printout of the web page with you in case of lack of knowledge at the suppliers.

A google search for ... usb switch ... will show you other places where you can buy such switches.

smudge101 10:54 24 Jul 05

You could set the two computers up as a network and then use the network printer share.

Probably a more flexible arrangement for some.

If you need more info let me know

pj123 11:29 24 Jul 05

Does the laptop have a printer driver installed for the printer you are using? If not, and you can't install the relevant printer driver it won't work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…