1: Mailwasher and 2: blue screen on this site

Binzy 20:38 08 Jun 09

My computer is Dell dimension 4400

1 I've just got it back from being "cleaned" and have just downloaded free Mailwasher but it doesn't do what it did before: when I clicked on Outlook Express it automatically went to Mailwasher. Now I have to click on Mailwasher first. Can I get back to original set up?

2 Apart from the PC Advisor logo, everything on this home page is blue initially, it does clear after a few seconds but this is a new one for me and doesn't happen elsewhere!

Can anyone help please?

chub_tor 21:45 08 Jun 09

You can probably get the Outlook Express icon on your desktop to open Mail Washer instead by changing the Start In target by right clicking the icon and selecting Properties. I've not tried it but it should work.

The blue opening screen for PC Advisor is well known in Firefox and Chrome but not on Internet Explorer - what OS and what version of IE are you using.

In Firefox you can stop it by making the page open with the IE Tab Add On.

Taff™ 06:33 09 Jun 09

The blue screen effect is alive and kicking with IE8 on my machine - you`re not alone!

Kevscar1 07:54 09 Jun 09

Started having them a couple of weeks ago but don't know why.

estabond 08:06 09 Jun 09

Blue screen can be cleared in IE8 by clicking 'Compatability view' (to the left of refresh). It looks like a torn page.

chub_tor 09:11 09 Jun 09

I had totally forgotten that I was using this page in Compatability Mode on IE8, I did it so long ago that it had slipped my memory.

Binzy 09:39 09 Jun 09

Thanks all, am now running in compatibility view and all OK.

OE: I don't have an icon on my desktop, OE is on my start menu and I can't find how to get it as a desktop icon, have tried looking in Tools and right clicking but no luck. Advice anyone?

Also, another problem now, on my keyboard I have three keys above the F keys - one launches OE the other IE (my home page) (the third I've never used has a magnifying glass). None are working since the "clean". Any advice on how to get the OE and IE keys back? I have the discs (drivers, XP op system etc) Dell sent me with the computer but not sure where to find keyboard software or how to install - Any advice on this appreciated.

Taff™ 06:37 10 Jun 09

OE: Right click the icon on the start menu and then "send to" desktop (Vista) or in XP right click then copy or create shortcut which if I remeber right puts a second shortcut on the menu. You then simply drag it from the start menu to the desktop and rename it to get rid of the (2) at the end of the shortcut name.

The three "hotkeys" I think will need software from the Drivers and Applications disk. If you put that disk into the computer does it autorun and give you a choice of drivers to install?

Binzy 09:22 10 Jun 09

Thanks all. Everything - almost - OK now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…