1 GHz Processor not fully recognised in Win XP

Mr Tibbs 12:00 11 Jan 05

Hi Folks, I have a problem where windows XP doesn't recognise my 1 GHz processor. At start up it's recognised in POST as 1000MHz but in windows under system properties its listed as 999MHz. This is a problem because some of my kids games need 1GHz min and won't load. The only other thing to mention is that I have recently replaced the processor. Would a clean instalation help? Any solutions gratefully received, thanks.

TomJerry 12:12 11 Jan 05

for example, one of my machine 2Ghz is recognised as 1999.7MHz. This is because the clock frequency inside of CPU need multiple which come in something like, 7.5, etc etc

Game not loading: maybe other problems, I really doubt 1mHz short make that different

maybe time for a new unit, just for kids

PsiFox 12:12 11 Jan 05

System properties does not always display the exact frequency your cpu is rated to. Can be a windows bug can also be due to inherent differences between identical cpu's.

1mhz difference between rating and sys propertiies readout is not going to be the cause of the game not loading.

what game and what is the rest of your system spec?

PsiFox

Mr Tibbs 16:21 11 Jan 05

Some of the games the kids have won't install. It says my system doesn't reach the minimum requirements of 1GHz. Is there a way to overclock the system just enough to tip it over. I have a MSI K7T Turbo motherboard with about 788MB of Ram. Thanks.

Technotiger 16:28 11 Jan 05

Hi, I may be out-of-date but I have not heard of any games requiring minimum of 1Ghz? What are the games? I would not think 1Mhz would make any difference. PC measurements are rarely exact.

TomJerry 16:28 11 Jan 05

i.e. move from 100mHz to 105MHz etc if your motherboard support it

get into bios and hunt around. DO not change too much!!!

TomJerry 16:30 11 Jan 05

or DirectX support

Mr Tibbs 16:58 11 Jan 05

Star Wars Knights of the Old Repuplic is one game that requires 1 GHz, not sure of the others. I'll try the bios first. Thanks all.

PsiFox 17:08 12 Jan 05

I still think it is not the cpu.

Are you running DX9.0b
Wghat system RAM do you have
What GFX card are you running

Psifox

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…