1 gb sd card

compaq1234567890 16:39 03 Mar 05

Hi

i have just brought an aries 1 gb sd card for my pda but i like to but things on my pda via my laptop that has a texas sd card slot. I plug it into my laptop windows click and everthing and recognises it is there but it will not open anything it ses that the card is not formated , but if i go to my other pc an acer aspire with an sd card slot it will open it and i can do what i want it is just a pain with my laptop , Anyone got any ideas? i would be most greatful and willing to try anything.

FelixTCat 17:12 03 Mar 05

What operating systems are you using? You may need a driver to recognise the card.

compaq1234567890 19:58 03 Mar 05

i am using windows xp and i have contacted compaq and they have got no idea

FelixTCat 22:47 03 Mar 05

Firstly, I'm not sure what a "Texas" sd card slot is. Is it built into the laptop?

However, it may be that the device doesn't recognise 1 GByte cards. It may need a firmware update.

byfordr 09:01 04 Mar 05

I think Texas is a generic driver that is used for a few external plugins.

Could try searching for a up to date driver.

Failing that a card reader may do the trick

click here

R

Stuartli 09:44 04 Mar 05

As you use XP you won't need a driver for a card reader.

FelixTCat's suggestion is probably the answer as sometimes cards with a higher capacity than (usually) 512MB cannot be read.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…