1-8 X DVD+R write failures

Can anyone tell me the difference between 1-4 and 1-8 X speed DVD+R disks? Having recently purchased 2 boxes (TDK) disks that I have always used in my burner, I now find these don’t work. On investigation the difference is these are labeled as 1-8 X speed and the previous disks were 1-4 X. Having created 3 coasters while trying to work out the problem I am far from happy and am left with 7 disks I cannot use :(
My drive has the latest firmware available and according to the Ricoh website should burn disks labeled as 1-8 speed.
My drive is a few years old as I was an early adopter but now it looks like I will have to replace a working unit with a new one as the media seems to be no longer compatible.
Yes I know they are relatively cheap theses days but that's not the point

Mikè 09:16 20 Jul 05

Unfortunately the disks you have bought, may have been manufactured by a completely different company to your first batch.

It may be the case that they are not compatible with your drive, you can buy a trial pack click here of dvd's to find suitable media.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…