1 & 1 - Quick Hosting Question

gplatt2000 10:08 31 Jan 04

Hi there! I am thinking of purchasing hosting from 1 & 1. I need one of their Microsoft packages, because I need to link my site with an Access database, so need .asp. Looking at their plans click here;jsessionid=590954B079E439D3FF1ED435BC7FC0ED.TC32a?__frame=_top the Home package seems to have all the features I need (enough bandwith, sotaorage space, emails) except one vital thing - in its list of features it doesnt say that the host supports Access databse (it does specifficcally say this for the next packageup, the Business plan). Does this mean, despite being a MS .net server I couldn't use a database (I have used FrontPage 2003's DAta REsults View wizard)??

I have tried e-mailing 1 & 1 but havent yet recieved an answer, and thought someone on here may use their hosting and know about this.

Thanks a lot in advance

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:14 31 Jan 04

to the business package, purely because I needed more bandwidth. The feature you want was not included in the home package, but you get it all in the business.

gplatt2000 23:17 31 Jan 04

Thanks a lot for that barry! Bit of a dissappointment really, suppose Ill just have to go for the business package!

Thanks again

gplatt2000 14:49 01 Feb 04

One thing - does anyone know of any hosts cheaper than one & one that offer the features I need?

asp so I can link Access database to the site
Fairly high monthly transfer allowance

Dont need much webspace, or e-mails (just a couple of POP3 acccounts)

Thanks again

gplatt2000 16:32 03 Feb 04

Thanks for the reccomeendation forum meber. I have had a look at their site - the 'home Pro' account seems to have what I need, but is only £1.month cheaper than 1 & 1. however I weill bear it in mind

PS: 1 & 1 have now replied (last night), and apologised for their delayed response (although to be honest it was only 2 working days, just happenned to be over the weekend)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…