0x80042109 outlook 2003 cant send emails

richierich 23:51 11 Feb 06

outlook 2003, suddenly cant send emails, recieve them ok. double checked all settings, have googled it but couldnt get an answer.

johnnyrocker 00:03 12 Feb 06

sorry but skimy information does not help, for example what is your os? what is your i/net connection, has it ever worked?, if can you think of any occurrence or what were you doing at the time it stopped working?

you might be able to get a better informed answer if those details are provided.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 00:03 12 Feb 06

skimpy

richierich 00:11 12 Feb 06

apologies, i thought the error code in the title was enough.
until recentley there was no problem, now I try to send an email and i get the following error message
"sending reported error(0x80042109)outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing SMTP mail server" if you continue to recieve this message contact your server administrator or ISP."

this is occuring on two machines win2000 and xp.
the ISP is AOL and I have tried them for help but they are unhelpful.

johnnyrocker 00:13 12 Feb 06

the error code might have been enough if you had not already googled it, more info on the other points might enable help

johnny

richierich 00:16 12 Feb 06

internet connection is via a router to aol broadband. what other info would be useful?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…