0x000000A stop error

wfulton_2121 14:13 12 Sep 10

hi all, my dell dimension 3100 has just started to really mess about!! was running win 7 pro (not now cos iv formatted the drive)

i kept getting the error 0x000000A! randomly when doing various tasks such as using itunes, surfung the web or simply reading a pdf!!

tried different memory, and uninstalled drivers and software with no joy, so decided to re format and go back to xp pro, but still get the blue screen!! not always 0x000000A tho, get various errors now!

any suggestions please?

thanks

sunnystaines 14:25 12 Sep 10

go to system properties and check for driver problems

birdface 14:26 12 Sep 10

Give you something to read until someone can help.

click here

Try Device manager to see if any problems.
Or start in safe mode and see if it runs any better on there.

wfulton_2121 14:50 12 Sep 10

it seems ok in safe mode, no errors in device manager, done a full re installl of the os so this suggests its hardware not software but no idea which peice of hardware???

lotvic 14:53 12 Sep 10

"decided to re format and go back to xp pro"

Did you install from CD/DVD disc or use the Dell Recovery program to go back to factory fresh install?

If you used CD/DVD to install then you should have also installed the Motherboard Drivers afterwards.

wfulton_2121 15:19 12 Sep 10

motherboard drivers?? there is a good point!! will they be downloadable from dell as i wasnt provided with any cds when i bought the pc!

lotvic 15:40 12 Sep 10

Ok, so you didn't read the manual click here
click here

sunnystaines 17:03 12 Sep 10

chipset driver? is the BIOS screens ok and set to optimise.

are onboard drivers got the right settings re enable/disable

c4rm0 17:07 12 Sep 10

I use a tool called Bluescreenview what it does is read the .dmp files that get created when your computer came up with a BSOD. It will tell you what the stop code was and tell you the files that caused it so you get a good idea how to fix it

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…