0x0000007B Error

ceLkon 08:38 19 Nov 05

Hi i just want to start out by saying i just registered so i am new to pcadvisor. I just got done reading some forum threads somewhat about this subject but didnt answer my question.

First off let me give you a little background. I just ordered brand new parts to build a brand new computer. Well all my hardware came in today and i put it together. Note: First time working with SATA. Im using 1 SATA HDD and thats it. I go to install windows XP i press F6 put the floppy drive in and pick the correct option etc. I partition the drive and windows copys all the setup files on it. One file says it can't be copied and its called something like viamraid.sys which is on my floppy i think but it says Enter: Retry Esc: Skip File F3: Exit Setup. I press Enter to retry and doesnt work so i have to hit ESC like 5 times than it moves on. It than restarts my computer and shows the windows screen with the load bar. Loads for a min than i get the blue screen saying this:
--------------
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent amage to your computer.

If this is the first you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and than restart your computer.

Techinical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF7986640, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
------------

I than restart my computer and samething happens. I dont think i can terminate my hard drive since its a SATA and i dont see a terminater on the actual hard drive itself. I tried deleting and formating it again but did the samething. I have no clue what to do, im thinking it has to do with the SATA drive but im slumped. If anyone could help that would be great thanks.

NOTE: Everything is Brand New.

Forum Editor 08:50 19 Nov 05

for this stop error, but in your case it seems likely that it's related to the driver for your hard drive.

When you press F6 to install the manufacturer's driver are you absolutely sure that you are selecting the correct options? This message about a file that can't be copied seems like a likely problem too.

ceLkon 16:04 19 Nov 05

Im 100% sure im checking the correct option. You think possibly my hard drive is bad? Maybe i should try using my old IDE HDD and see if the problem occurs. So we can limit the problem down to the hard drive, but i really would like to use my SATA HDD because it is a lot faster.

woodchip 16:11 19 Nov 05

You need to load Sata drivers

woodchip 16:11 19 Nov 05

PS
Read instructions for seting SATA up

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:33 19 Nov 05

Sounds like you have a corrupt viamraid.sys file on your floppy.

What type of motherboard are you using?

You should be able to download the drivers from the motherboard web site.

ceLkon 04:07 20 Nov 05

Woodchip: I read up about SATA and i did load the drivers from the floppy so i could install windows XP and this is whats happening.

Fruit Bat: Motherboard MSI K8MM-V VIA K8M800-CE + VT8237R Chipset. Reguarding your solution im going to try and make a new floppy and just see if the old one is corrupted. eek i pray. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…